Yoga Teacher Training Courses (The Art of Kirtan Singing)
Advanced training for yoga teachers and practitioners on the ancient art of Kirtan Singing.
10-200 Hour Yoga Teacher Trainings certified by the Yoga Alliance. Those wishing to be certified Yoga Instructors recognized by the Yoga Alliance must complete either 200, 500 or 800 hours of teacher training hours with Yoga Alliance certified Instructors. I am such an instructor. These trainings would fall under the category of creditable hours for teachers once I set up my own business and register with the Yoga Alliance.
Specialised teaching, which includes:
○ Learning to sing several traditional yogic chants and basics of harmonium chords to accompany them.
○ Learning etymology, meaning and historical context of traditional Sanskrit and Tibetan chants and stories paired with them.
○ Overview of Yogic Philosophy and the purpose and benefits of traditional chanting
○ Overview of the subtle body’s relationship to the voice and emotional body
○ How chanting ultimately relates to asana and traditional view of Yoga.
Instructions on chanting selections from The Yoga Sutras and it’s meaning and possible translations from Sanskrit.
Hourly and Package rates available on request. Please contact email@example.com or 07440 592265.